Friday, February 4, 2011

CBC event teaches Ema how to organize a wedding to the highest level

If there is one trait that OTN finds repulsive in me is that I can be a ‘control freak’. 

I will then reason out with “No, Im not”..I just like planning and thinking ahead. I do think I am fairly normal, odd on most days when I find things funny when they really are not. Until-----until one of my friends commented that I also harbor an obsessive compulsive personality. Once, when I tried to narrate on Facebook my differential diagnosis of her sickness and she was taken aback that the message was 3 pages long when her only question was “I feel my fingers are bloating. What’s wrong with me?” LOL.

Why am I injecting my personal musing when we should be talking about our wedding coordinator, Meann of CBC events? Because for once in my life, I never knew that people of such passion, organization and love for weddings still exist in the Philippines. Every time I go home, I am always annoyed with how things are in our country. The traffic jam,the discipline in queuing and most especially the poverty biting you right on the face. And the talent, the enormous talent and potential to rise from mediocrity---we have a lot---and they go unnoticed because we are buried in a 3rd world mentality. Meann is proving me wrong. And I like that.

Here I am presented with a lady who comes on time, 6 pm to be exact when we met her in Starbucks, Glorietta that Tuesday evening a few days before christmas.

Meann, OTN and the blogger
Meann was wearing a black shirt with a Philippine logo. I wore the same dress a few days back and it would have looked interesting if we wore it on the same day. She was bubbly, so cute and she looks prettier up front. I was surprised that she was shorter than me. But I can feel she has a big heart.

Meann brought out her Ipad and for two hours she explained non-stop a template consisting of more than ten excel sheets from the turn over 6 months before the wedding, to the hotel preparations, ceremony itself, up to the reception venue and to the nitty gritty of things you can easily take for granted . OTN was impressed not only with the presentation but also for the enthusiasm, love for painstakingly collating all the ideas and eagerness to make the plan a reality. Only Meann can think of simple ways such as putting the menu together with a table card where the program flow will be written. This way the guests especially the ones at the back will not get confused with what is happening in front. We availed CBC’s partial coordination services because I felt we still can handle everything but we need someone to execute our objectives, give us a compass in case we are getting lost and of course to arrange the details so we will feel relax come our wedding day. After all, it’s so hard to give a good photograph when your mind is somewhere else. Ang hirap kayang ngumiti kapag nagaalala ka kung maayos na ba ang set up sa reception. Kung handa na ba ang kalabaw ni Mang Islaw na gagamitin bilang bridal car mula sa hotel papunta sa simbahan. Aba, hindi yata kaya ng powers ko na itsek kung nakasabit na ba ang ‘just married’ na karatula sa kariton ni Islaw kasama ang mga lumang bearbrand na lata na pinagkabitkabit ng maninipis na pisi…..hahaha..Joke lang..hindi ko kasi maiwasan na magkaroon ng flashback ng mga cute na kasalan sa probinsiya habang sinusulat ko eto.Haha.Ok ako lang ang natawa.

As of the moment, we are consistently keeping in touch with Meann. She has helped us book suppliers at a discounted rate, easily replies on emails, suggests vendors with reasonable prices and always first to ask about the progress of our wedding preparations. I know there’s a generous list of wedding coordinators out there but I think it is very important to feel secure with our choices. And I feel secure with what Meann is delivering. The wedding is not anytime soon but she has filled out many missing checklist on our wedding plans. Consistently remembers even the little details. This lady is not going to need Gingko Biloba with Korean Ginseng for memory enhancement anytime soon. LOL.

If you are wondering when and how CBC events was born,let me share to you a little story Meann has told me. As a certified w@w addict, Meann spent many of her waking moments reading, replying and participating in the weddings at work forum. She obtained most of her suppliers from w@w. Everything in her wedding celebration went well except for one thing. Ironically, her wedding coordinator failed to show up. It was Carol, her bestest of all bestest friend who assisted Meann in delivering the long months of planning instead.

After the wedding, Meann’s devotion and momentum for wedding preparations did not die down. Together with Carol and Susan, they decided to form their own coordination group that will help others prepare and organize their big day. Armed with their own experiences, their aim is to make sure the flaws on their wedding day will not be encountered by other brides. The offer to have a memorable wedding celebration by CBC events stands true up to this very day.

I absolutely can’t wait to see how CBC will execute the dream plan on our special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment